• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SiS = Suck ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

defyreality

Disabled
Yea hi

I have a question, there doesnt seem to be a ASUS motherboard in my town that supports the Intel chipset,

So the ones left have the SIS

These are the socket 478 boards that support all the new ddr ram and such

Can SIS overclock well, or does it suck ???

Thanks

-

To answer your question. Yes. In my experience, SIS chipsets can overclock well. However, the Intel chipsets still seem to overclock a little better.

My problems with SIS have generally been related to stability, not performance, as performance is generally very good for the money.

defyreality, if you can, I would strongly suggest buying a motherboard online from a reputable vendor such as newegg.com you will have a much bigger selection and you will get it cheaper.

Local shops have average markups of 40-80%. You would get a much lower price online and there are some excellent companies out there (I have had no problems at all with Newegg.com).

As far as SiS, the most recent exposure I have had with them was an SiS 648 based board and it just didnt have the stability of other boards I'd used. It couldn't overclock my components nearly as far as I could with other boards. Right now for an Intel chip I would stick with and Intel chipset.

i hate my sis, its in my celeron system and i think it blew its self up it just dosen't work antymore. oh well never liked that system anyway~RCTG

If you are planning on using Rambus in the future the Abit SI-7 is the only mobo that will support it (And PC1200), and it uses an SiS chipset.

Back