• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7II-RAID and P4 2.4 Northy - vcore problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AquilÆagle

Registered
TH7II-RAID and P4 2.4 Northy, and the system is loaded to capacity with 6xHDD's, 1x CD-RW, 1x DVD/CD-RW, Soundblaster Audigy and Ge-Force 4 ti4400 1 gig of RAM

Before putting the 2.4 in I had a 1.8 Willy. the Vcore was set at default in the BIOS (BW Bios) and was showing actual of about 1.61 to 1.65

Now I have the 2.4 northy in the vcore in BIOS is still at Default, but only showing actual of between 1.36 and 1.41 which seems low

4 Questions:

1. Is is dangerous for it to be running at 1.41 kinda voltage?

2. Can I get the voltage higher? If so how?

3. What do i need the voltage to be going to if i am to overclock?

4. What speed is this setup overclockable to?

Mine shows 1.46 in sandra which is only 4 hundreths of a volt off.
you are running at about one tenth of a volt off. Its not going to hurt anything but may limit youre overall o/c. I don't think it will hurt performance at stock speeds.
Crank the vcore up and see what you get. Do you have sandra installed to compare with me? I hear some guy's getting to 3.0 with c1 2.4's I'm gonna go in the bios and see what mine reads.
Back in a few.

Some interesting results. The vcore :1.42 to 1.45 in the bios 7c
Get this!! My cpu temp rises when i'm in the bios and falls back to normal when I get back into windows. I was in sandra for about 5 minutes and watched as the cpu temp went from 49c down to 45c where it likes to hang out. about 5deg higher than my 1.8a.
Maybe its time to check out some as3 and get rid of that worn heat tape stuff.

The Abit TH7-II is known to undervolt. Mine averages at least 0.05v under and I've heard several others that go as much as 0.1v under. It does not hurt it to undervolt as long as it's stable. Typically, you'll need a little higher voltage to overclock. How much depends on many factors. Only increase the voltage if you need to for stability. The Abit mobos allow you to manually set the vcore. Go into the BIOS and change the voltage from "default" to "user define". Then you can change the voltage in the line below (will no longer be grayed out).

my TH7-II @ stock volts (1.5) gave me 1.39 ! maxing out my Vcore to 1.7 gives me 1.55-1.58

I'm in the market to pick up a 2.4b C1 also (my 1.8a B0 is a super dud

im lucky, I just got a p4 2.26B and uupped the vcore up to 1.7 and it goes down to 1.62-1.65. I got the fsb up to 158 like that, which Im happy about, my PC800 surprised me

Back