• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Bought MSI-K7T Pro2-a Can't Change Multiplier With Duron 650

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cyrex

Registered
Just Bought MSI-K7T Pro2-a Can't Change Multiplier With Duron 650 processor does anyone has the same problem with this board i would really love the person who gives me the anwser to this so i can overclock my ****
i think my duron is locked but i don't know how to unlock it (aaarrrgg)

Cyrex Holland

This means that your processor is locked. If you dont want to unlock it, you can change the FSB to 133 (if your ram can take it) then you'll get 864. Read the help pages at the main page of this site for info on how to unlock chips.

i can't get higher than 105 (boehoe) then unstable? i think i have good ram
it was pretty pricey i will have to change multiplier but how?
i am not new to overclocking but am afraid of messing with the pencils
i am used to voltages/jumpers/cooling but messing with my proc (uhmm)

The only way you are going to change the multiplier is by "unlocking" it either with a pencil or conductive pen. Since you are nervous about it, I recommend the pencil, as at least you can erase any mistakes and not do a permanent mod to the chip.

Commited (Apr 22, 2001 06:01 a.m.):
This means that your processor is locked. If you dont want to unlock it, you can change the FSB to 133 (if your ram can take it) then you'll get 864. Read the help pages at the main page of this site for info on how to unlock chips.

The Pro 2A is not a KT133A...it is a KT133.

Back