• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a7v133, how to clear cmos? nothing works!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fog

Registered
it seems that shorting the pins, and removing the battery/cable from the motherboard just wont short the cmos!!!
and is there other way to boot into bios after bad overcloack?
and also, most of the time after bad overcloack i cant even boot on jumper settings! anyone can help? please do!

Did you remember to unplug the power cord from the wall to the ps? That'll help. You might also wanna pop the battery before shorting the solder pins (I really wish that they had made them so a jumper cap could be placed on them . . .) You have to do it for a while. Most of the time on my board it takes about 3 - 5 minutes, but I've heard stuff about people leaving a paperclip over the pins all night and stuff like that. If push comes to shove, you might wanna try that.

I had to set my board to jumper mode to get it back once. Set your DIP switches to the setting for your CPU and move the jumper JEN to pins 1-2 (2-3 is default). Boot up...shut down and reset the jumper to 2-3. Might as well leave the DIP switches where they are in jumperfree mode it shouldn't matter and it might happen again. :)

To Clear or Not to Clear, that is my headache with my A7V133 for the last two months or so. I finally had it RMAed becuz it went dead, I mean total dead. When I get it back, I'm putting it on Ebay and get rid of it once and for all. So, CHOW!!!!!

Back