• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IT7-MAX2V2.0 Or Asus P4PE?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Akumajo

Registered
Which will perform better and overclock higher? I read IT7-MAX2V2.0 is limited to 1.7Vcore (any tricks to increase it?) while P4PE goes to 1.85Vcore. Does IT7-MAX2V2.0's 4-phase power as opposed to P4PE's 2-phase power factor into this?

I dunno, but I do know that Abit released a new BIOS for all of their IT7's that does 1.85 on the Vcore so that shouldnt be your deciding factor between the two.

Kerry

What about memory voltage limit of 2.8 and reviews that say it "under-volts" all voltages?

I know the IT7 can have up to 2.8 on the mem because I've seen it done on modded BIOS's, I dont have a MAX2 though so I dont know about undervolting with it, I have the original IT7 MAX and Ive never actually tested the lines with a voltmeter.

Kerry

I'm leaning towards P4PE/L because it's $40 or so less than IT7-MAX2V2.0, but I wonder about 4-phase power of IT7-MAX2V2.0 versus 2-phase of P4PE. Is it significant? Would I need a "4-phase power supply" to take advantage of it?

Why doesn't P4PE/L have a download page on Asus's site? Only P4PE is listed. Do P4PE series use same BIOS or is P4PE/L "unsupported" like P4B266-C (atleast initially)?

It will use the same BIOS. The /L designation just means it doesn't have all of the features that the regular P4PE has.

Namely, no firewire, no SATA, and a different LAN card.

Sure about BIOS and Asus instructs this? Each model in P4B266 series had separate BIOS.

Akumajo said:
What about memory voltage limit of 2.8 and reviews that say it "under-volts" all voltages?

the mem voltage of 2.8 is a default option on the board, there are modded bios's that increase it to 3.2 but that one works on some abit max2 rev2's. The only voltage i see that the board undervolts is the vCore, and with the new bios uping the max to 1.85 thats not really a problem anymore (it undervolts .025). My mem voltage is 2.8 in the bios and 2.78, so i guess theres a little undervolting.

Back