• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit KT7a-RAID - can I change FSB fractions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stolid

Since I'm getting ready this question popped into my head:
Does the ABit KT7a-RAID let you change the AGP and PCI multiplier?
As I've got PC150 memory (Mushkin Rev 3) I've set this nice little program I found at Tweak3d.com and let it run through 133 through 150 FSB and have been looking through
the ending speeds of the two card slots. If I am able to raise my FSB up to 150 at defaults (I'm guessing defaults are 1/2 for AGP - that's 66.5 and PCI at 1/4th - 33.25).
Now, presuming that I can't change my multiplier that means at 150 is 37.5 (PCI) and 75 (AGP) - I'd rather keep these closer to spec; PCI seems reasonable (To me, am I wrong?) but AGP seems a bit high.
On the flip side: the next lower multipliers are 1/5 and 1/3rd, leaving me at 30 MHz and 50 MHz - a good bit BELOW spec; is this worth it?

Thanks in advance,
Stolid

As far as I know, they are fixed values. They are probably hard-coded into the bus controller chip, so the bios can only select what's available.

Hoot

37.5 is too high for PCI, in my opinion. It's not very tolerant to overclocking, but usually it's your HD & PCI-addon cards. 75 is not very high for AGP, I'm running around there now. I had 89MHz in my Pentium II, which only supported 2xAGP, but the performance was quite near 3x... (Which isn't available, sadly)

Hope this clears some issues.

Back