• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit KT7E-Raid?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

asmodean

After reading VIAHW's review about KT7E, I started seriously thinking about adding RAID to one... It could be done, as the mobo is just missing the chip, it seems. Wouldn't know if it needs anything extra, though.
If my KT7A-R ever goes bum and I can get that chip and install it, I'll do that mod... Any thoughts? This is purely theoretical at the moment and very unlikely.

ummm.... I have not personally seen the PCB for the KT7E, but I do know that it's at least a different color. If it's a different PCB than the KT7A and RAID you wouldn't be able to do the mod. Even if the PCB's matched up it would still be extremely difficult.... Not that a KT7E is very expensive, but I would have a problem with messing it up. If you're so stuck on RAID, an ATA100 RAID add-in card would not be a bad idea.

SickBoy

The PCB looks the same, atleast from a casual observation. Would have to get one to be sure...

Surely you can get that RAID functionality with an addon card, but having the only KT7E-RAID would be extremely cool... Possibly the only one on the planet!

Back