• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CUSL2 BIOS Shot. Options?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fulkren

Registered
Greetings, all

I have a CUSL2 that is the victim of a faulty BIOS flash. NEVER AGAIN will I use a Windows based flasher:rolleyes:.

The CUSL2's BIOS chip is non removable. Is there any hardware that can be purchased (fairly inexpensively) that will flash a shot soldered BIOS chip and/or, do any of you know of a reputable business that could repair the board for me? This is all assuming what I'm asking is even possible.
I would like to put the board back in service if possible as it's one of the better PIII boards and is dammed hard to find these days:)

Any info appreciated.

Thanks!

Fulkren

Hi, I just bought a used cusl2-c from a swap meet. The board cost me $7.50 and as suspected, it wouldn't post. Nothing... nada... zilch!! Just a black screen. I thought for sure that it was ready for the trash! For $7.50... what can I expect right?!!

I know Asus flash program will overwrite the bootblock, but just as a long shot...

1) Remove all your ram and see if you get missing ram beeps from your speaker.

2) Remove your video card and listen for beeps too.

Sometimes the bootblock is still alive but because the rest of bios is corrupted, your screen is blank. If you get any beeps, you may still have a chance to save the board without sending it into asus for a new chip. Unfortunately, if you don't get any beeps then your bios is really hosed!!

Aloha...
nahau

hard job...
you should desolder the bios chip
then solder a bios socket and then using another mobo
(TUSl2 use the same chip, but removable)
to flash the rom again....
(hot flash need an extractor for the socketed chip)

hard job but it could work....:eek:

Back