• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any feedback on this RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't trust it. They don't tell you who makes it. Anyone have any experience with this vendor?

They even have insanely misspelled.... I wouldn't trust anyone who couldn't spell on their own website. And if they don't id the manufacturer, I definitely wouldn't buy from them...

With a resellerrating over 8, I would trust the company. I don't know if I'd trust the ram, but the site's rating suggests that they'll probably replace it if it doesn't live up to its specs.
Most likely, this is a really awesome deal on some fast memory. Just don't expect it to be quite on par with corsair. Note that it does use the same chips as corsair, but they may not be hand picked and the pcb may be of poorer quality.

After checking their reseller ratings I think I might just try them out. If anyone knows about this RAM please speak up

You should always read the fine print: :rolleyes:

Warranty:

We warranty products for up to 30 days. Memory modules carry a lifetime warranty through the manufacturer. If you do not know who the memory module manufacturer is, we can try to assist you. Other hardware such as video cards, motherboards, DVD drives, etc are covered under the manufacturers warranty if there is one and not our 30 day policy.

The overclocking and/or tweaking of our products will automatically forfeit any warranty you have with our store.

Returns:

All returns must be made within 30 days of the invoice date. After 30 days, all sales are FINAL. There will be a 20% restocking fee on ALL returns. Defective goods may be exchanged for replacement within the 30 days from the invoice date. Shipping and handling fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. Products that have been or appear to be purposely damaged or tampered with will not be accepted and no refund will be given. In addition, incompatible items are NOT and will not be considered defective. PLEASE DO NOT return it for replacement. We expect our customers to be knowledgeable with specifications and compatibility issues before the purchasing of merchandise from our company. Incompatible merchandise can be returned for upgrades within 30 days of the invoice date or a refund excluding shipping/handling fees and restocking fees.

Now in regards to the overclocking I can understand, the tweaking such as setting your memory timing to aggresive thus voiding the warranty seems excessive and I would buy my products elsewhere, as its a catch 22 going on here ;)

i don't think they mean the settings when they say tweaking. they may mean volt moding or changing the chip in other ways then software. anyway how can they tell if the memory was running at cas 2 or cas 3?

I think the deal is good, I was gonna order from them myself, but they did not have the OCZ PC3500 EL DDR In stock that I wanted, alos a bit more searching and I found the same ram for $15 less per 256 stick, $89 instead of 104.

That said the deal you have found is very good for 512 at $112 I say go for it at that price if it does not do what you expect return it and buy better or name brand

cisco kid

Thats funny, when I click on the link it says $119, yet several people here are reporting $112. I wonder if my browser is cached or something?

well i guess im on the bandwagon i ordered it it should be here in a few days they charged my credit card 119.95 the only thing i don't understand is that it says INSANE DEAL: PC3200 512MB 400MHz or more - CAS 2.0 - Heat Spreader - Winbond Chips - FREE SHIPPING 1 $119.95.... but then i get charged for the Shipping: $5.95 Total: $125.90

not that i would trust any old company out there but winbond is great i got a 512 stick at frys for 140 on sale about 2 months ago. brand was "platinum" and it has a silvery pcb but i bought it because it had the winbond 6ns chips on it, running 2-2-5-2 at 2.6v @180fsb. so it could very well be legit i just dont like that 20% restock on all returns with how finicky some mobos can be about ram

Back