• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Iwill KK266 and IRQ Conflict?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Saint

Registered
Got a problem with conflicts but can't find it! Onboard sound and ISA modem card in conflict. Disable sound and modem works. Enable sound and modem does not work(in either com1 or com2).

Control panel, sys info do not report conflicts(sharing at 10 and above).

Any ideas or what additional info can I provide.

Thanks in advance!

Saint

Perhaps you can go into the bios and change the irq for the card in your isa slot. I know it allows you to adjust the irq for the agp and pci slots. My kk266 and win 98 put my video, network, and sound on 1 irq!!!! sheesh

try resteing the configuration data in the bios ,if that dont work ,figure out what IRQ the modem is using and set it to ISA in the bios ,that should push any PCI devices off of it (aka, the c-media sound chip:)

Thanks for your replies. I have found IRQ 5 & 7 free and set the onboard to either 5 or 7 in the bios and no help. The modem uses COM1 and IRQ4. I will try to set modem via bios and see what happens. BTW, I have a DSL modem; dial-up is for backup and paying my employer taxes(IRS does not support non-dialup communication).

Tx again!

Saint

Thanks SurlyJoe. Set IRQ4 to legacy ISA in bios and modem is back and working. Sound still works also.

Many thanks!

Saint

Back