• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7V kt133a irq prob...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Method

G'day...
I just bought an ausus a7v (kt133a), installed everything got into windows, graphics card all sorted out. But in the system properties, the sb live and realtek network card say that they need an irq assigned to them from bios. Now, i have gone into the bios and assigned irq 5 to the sblive (pci slot 3) and irq 7 for the network card (pci slot 4/5). But this didn't not help. I also tried "reserving irq's for legact device" etc, but i just cant find anything that helps, any ideas? thanks...

There is an option in the BIOS of the A7V133 (and most other boards, for that matter) that says something like "Plug and Play OS [Yes/No]". Change this to Yes. That might solve your problem.

I believe that there are a couple things that you can do to remedy this problem. First, if you haven't got too many components fighting for IRQ's, you can go into the BIOS and set them manually. And if I'm not mistaken, the Sound Blaster takes two IRQ's by itself, one for legacy DOS support. You can disable that. And lastly, disable any other components you don't need (printer port, serial ports etc.), that are using an IRQ, that should free things up enough to give you the flexibility that you may need.

Good Luck!

Back