• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit KT7E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Han Solo

Registered
There isn't much data on this MB i was just wondering if anyone had any experiance with it? and how far they got it to overclock as far as the FSB goes
Thanks

Yup. This board ROXORS!!!! I have had the FSB at 145x7 stable, and bootable at 150x6on a Duron 800. Anything above 140 seems a little iffy, though.

145 MHz seems to be on par with the KT7A's.... This board is a great deal, IMHO. At this point, I see no reason for any overclocker who is considering an Abit board to buy a KT7A (no raid). The ViaHW review revealed that there's no performance difference between the KT7A and the KT7E. Since the E is cheaper, I'm going to start recommending it as a budget overclocker board (a title in my book previously held by the MSI K7T Turbo or the Epox 8KTA3). Anyway.....

SickBoy

Awsome I guess ill be buying one of these board then at the computer show next week.
I was debateing between the KT7A and the E but seeings how everyone ive talked to on here has liked theres and the performance is right on par with the KT7A im going to save myself a few bucks and go for the E
Thanks again
Joe

yes, get the kt7e for 100 bucks. Why pay $125 for the Kt7A to get the same performance?

Han Solo (Apr 27, 2001 12:03 p.m.):
Awsome I guess ill be buying one of these board then at the computer show next week.

The last computer show I went to (mid-february), the only KT133A board they had was the Abit KT7A Raid. Keep in mind, this was february, the 133A boards were shipping in December if I remember right. If you're hoping to nab a KT7E, I would show up at the show the first day, right when it opens. The KT7E is likely to be a popular mobo. The recent AXIA craze at some shows proves that not everyone there is a bumbling, uninformed idiot.

SickBoy

Ill Keep that in mind...i plan to do the early buyer deal that the show i goto has...Hopfully it will be early enough to nab a E board and a AXIA CPU
Fast and inexpensive best combo there is.
Joe

Hey Han: Befor you go to the comp show first go to pricewatch.com and find the lowest price and print it out and take it with you just incase the price @ the show is a little higher with the TAX. On price watch the E with S&H is about $110 -$115. And if they will deal if it is higher. I am going to a Comp show Next Sat 5/5/01 also, hoping to come home with a KT7E & 800 Duron, duron about $60-$65 online with S&H. Good Luck :)

Forgot to mention, at first, I couldn't get my CPU to go above 103fsb. I switched out my ram (was Xerox PC133 Cas3) to some no-name stuff, and it worked fine at any FSB. I dont know if it was just bad ram, or if the board is tempermental, but I would definately reccommend some decent stuff.

I am going to a Comp show Next Sat 5/5/01 also,quote]
Wouldent it be weird if we were going to the same one...Im going to one in Portland, Maine USA
i doubt it but it would be kewl to see a fellow Mainer on the board

WyrmMaster (Apr 29, 2001 01:46 p.m.):
So whats the difference between a KT7A and a KT7E, besides price.

KT7E's are supposedly not certified to run 133 MHz FSB chips. But testing has proven that this board will run FSB's PAST 133 MHz. So basically the difference is price. The KT7E comes on a neat looking blue PCB too.

SickBoy

Its a different Chipset if you read the Via Harware review it shows that they are a different...other than that im not shure maybe it has better compatibility with future chips but that is yet to be seen
Who Knows

Solo-
They're different only in manufacturer specification. We're overclockers - since when do we listen to manufacturer specification? :)

SickBoy

Han Solo (Apr 29, 2001 07:52 a.m.):
I am going to a Comp show Next Sat 5/5/01 also,quote]
Wouldent it be weird if we were going to the same one...Im going to one in Portland, Maine USA
i doubt it but it would be kewl to see a fellow Mainer on the board

Don't think it's going to happen, but would be KEWL :)
Living in So Cal,USA. Originaly from Worcester Ma. Han you lucky Lobster guy you, Have a few 2lb's for me with lots of butter. BTW I maight even cut out the side of the case & put in plexiglass so view the blue mobo. Let me know what you pay for your for you mobo, see the difference in shows, E vs W coast.
L8TR.

so at this point, has anyone heard of a KT7E that has NOT worked at >133MHz bus, with equal performance? I'm about to upgrade, and it looks so far like that would be a great motherboard, but if I couldn't guarantee that I was going to have >133MHz bus stable & such, i'd rather just spend the extra $20, ya follow?

Ill let you know how mine comes out on sat assuming i can get my hands on one at the computer show

Back