• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Twinmos Chips on TWinmos 3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tragic_monkey

Has anybody else got TWinmos 3200 Cl2.5 with Twinm,os chips thats right not windbond not samsung but twinmos. I had a stick of samsung as well but i sent it back, so far ive got my memory at 172FSB and timings of 2-2-1-2 and by running the memory at speeds higher than the FSB ive got it to run at 230MHz no problems still at CAS 2 (other timings not so hot though i think it was 3-3-3-cas2). In the next few days i should be getting a new stick and have requested not to have samsung chips either twinmos or winbond i hope it performs as well

Other people do have that ram with Twinmos chips, seems to run just as good as the Winbond chips. Some think it is actually Winbond chips with Twinmos stamped on them. As long as they run good for you, that's all that matters!

that would be me! :D

hey monkey, what's the highest you can push that TwinMOS on max settings? (2-2-2-5-1 CAS 2 or whatever)

let me know! that'll help me alot in deciding whether or not to send these back...

ClayMan said:
that would be me! :D

hey monkey, what's the highest you can push that TwinMOS on max settings? (2-2-2-5-1 CAS 2 or whatever)

let me know! that'll help me alot in deciding whether or not to send these back...

at 172FSB i can push the ram to 2(TRAS)-2-2-Cas2 (edit: i can get it to 2-2-1-cas2 but it dosnt perform as well??) they are the order of the timings on the epox 8RDA+ (i cant remember what the middle to timings are called) i have also got it to run at 230MHz at timings of 3(Tras)-3-3-Cas2 without even trying really im not sure if i can push it even further, i really need a T-Bred B so i can have unlocked multiplier and be able to push my FSB further, and BTW that is stable on Prime 95 without errors for 1 hour, didnt test for any longer periods of time.

Only 172FSB at max timings? that's pretty disappointing. looks like i'm replacing mine.

Back