• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is the best bios for the abit kt7 raid?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sloppyjay

I currently am running ul ,can someone please tell me a newer stable bios that you might have performance gains. I would like to have the optimal k7 support and other advance chipset commands that this bios offers or are those standard on the other bios thanks:)

Fiz (Apr 25, 2001 11:42 p.m.):
the YH seems to OC the best. There is also one called ZT I think, it is supposed to fix the "686 bug".

Fiz
what is the 686 bug,and yes i have seen that bios thanks again

The 686b bug/SB Live fix is for motherboards with the Via 686B southbridge only (mostly KT133A motherboards). It does not apply to the KT7-Raid, as such. Even though you can use the BIOS with the "fix," (Abit KT7 and KT7A BIOSes are universal) you would not benefit from applying the fix to your system.

SickBoy

ok i tried
yh and it wasnt stable/ so i went down to wz a non beta bios from abit,i could not overclock higher with either yh or wz but some video benchmarks seemed to be higher with the wz i like this one
my specs 600 duron oc to 970 [with global win 32]
abit kt7 raid
128 muskin rev
leadtek geforce 2 mx
ohh i forgot to mention its a pc nut combo:):) thanks for the help jay

sloppyjay (Apr 26, 2001 08:15 p.m.):
ok i tried
yh and it wasnt stable/ so i went down to wz a non beta bios from abit,i could not overclock higher with either yh or wz but some video benchmarks seemed to be higher with the wz i like this one
my specs 600 duron oc to 970 [with global win 32]
abit kt7 raid
128 muskin rev 2
leadtek geforce 2 mx
ohh i forgot to mention its a pc nut combo:):) thanks for the help jay

Back