• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KA266R Performance Setup Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hrmchan

Registered
OK I'm lazy ... at least I admit it !

I just swapped my KK266 for a KA266R. I notice about 10% difference in switches and setups.

Can you KA266R pioneers, tell me what the best performing BIOS and board Jumper setting worked the best for you.

My objectives are:
- take my T-Bird AVIA 1.13 to about 1.4

Thanks

FSB 140
Multiplier 10
Memory to "fastest"
CAS2

Other settings leave the defaults. Should fly there.

LoudFan (Apr 27, 2001 05:50 p.m.):
FSB 140
Multiplier 10
Memory to "fastest"
CAS2

Other settings leave the defaults. Should fly there.

Is this on a KA or KK. I see that you are the owner of a KK. The boards have substantially different personalities. Ex: SDRAM vs DDR, VIA vs ALI,
Jumpered Multiplier vs softmenu, etc.

On a KA. I have one on the bench right now. Getting ready to replace my KK. Yes, they are totally different.

LoudFan (Apr 27, 2001 09:20 p.m.):
On a KA. I have one on the bench right now. Getting ready to replace my KK. Yes, they are totally different.

Yes, Same here. The KA is on my bench as well. Right now, it runs but having some issues with O/Cing it. Runs fine in default mode, but who wants that, right?

I'm running with 32400B (April 16, 2001) Bios but original Drivers from ALI.
To keep the benchmarking simple, I'm running ATA100 EIDE and not Raid 1

Config: AMD 266/1.13 AVIA, KA266R, 256mb Crucial PC2100, Geoforce 2 GTS Pro (eVGA brand), IBM DTLAs 20/30G, air cooled with HSF (cool master) plus 2 additional case fans.

Just playing with the config to find the sweet spot around 1.4 range. Last nite, I was using a TNTM64-32mb and 384 PC133 SDRAM and the system was stable running repeated benchmarks at 146x9 and 146x9.5. Today I received a long awaited GeoForce 2 GTS, but I can't even reproduce the TNT32 and PC133 SDRAM performance. Scratching my head at the moment.

I must be missing something pretty obvious. let me know how you are doing.

Back