• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

testing twinmos pc3200 or kt400 (MSI KT4V-L)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ClayMan

Registered
I just got my MSI KT4V-L in the mail today. Plugged it all in with one stick of this TwinMOS PC3200 256MB with TWINMOS chips. But I need help testing the memory.. It's a KT400 board... I have the memory running at 400MHz max timings right now at 2.6V, while the FSB is async at 133MHz, unoverclocked Tbred A 1800+.

In the BIOS, the FSB seems ot be set individually, from 100-288mhz. and then in the other menu for the memory clock, i only get to choose Auto, 266, 333, or 400. Is there anyway I can run this at higher than 400? I want to test the limit of this RAM before i decided whether or not to return it. If i set the FSB higher, to, say, 140mhz, will the memory clock be still locked at 400mhz, or will it increase accordingly??

ps what programs should i use to test my memory. right now im only running prime95, and that's more for cpu...
is there an alternative to memtest86? my comp doesn't have a floppy!

Last edited:
Back