• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Registry 52 Hack.......On an AMD mobo/756 chipset can it be done

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc jason

I have an AMD mobo with the AMD756 chipset. Can I do the resistry 52 hack to drop the temps on this board, even if i cant please explain-Im getting a KT7A soon and it would help to already know.

LikuidFusion (Apr 26, 2001 03:46 p.m.):
I have an AMD mobo with the AMD756 chipset. Can I do the resistry 52 hack to drop the temps on this board, even if i cant please explain-Im getting a KT7A soon and it would help to already know.

Register 52 hacking is limited to Via KT/KX boards. If you could find a PCR file for your motherboard, and with some patience and searching, you may discover the cpu-idle-on-halt register and tweak it, though I don't think there really is any problem with the AMD chipset boards. I would tend to say, just leave it alone.

SickBoy

WinXP (Apr 26, 2001 10:50 p.m.):
The resistry hack does not work on the Abit mobo's.

Umm, pal, it works on Abit boards. My idle temp doesn't just magically drop. KT7A-Raid. See the article at AthlonOC. I tweaked mine according to directions there, and the PCR file provided there can be used on all KX and KT133 and 133A boards. I am not sure of it working on a KT133E board as of yet. I realize the link you provided talked just about the Asus A7V but there are plenty of people who will step up and tell you you're wrong.

SickBoy

Back