• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston HyperX or Corsair 3200 for my 8RDA+? ET?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gplracer

I need some ram for my 8RDA+. I am going to overclock my JIUHB 1700+ cpu. I do not know if I should get the Kingston or the Corsair. What would be the best compatability and performance wise? Thanks for your time!!!

the kingston pc3500 hyperx is selling for only $169 at newegg, 512mb, futureproof, you can add another 512mb later, its beginning to show how a mere 512mb of ram may not be enough

performance and compatibility should be pretty much the same except you pay a lot less for kingston

sorry i'm not a corsair fan like everyone else ;), i believe they reach high specs but are BAD overclockers, crucial on the other hand overclocks like a m*f* with pc2100 going up to 160s and 170s fsb stabily

LOL what are you talking about. Corsair is the bomb. I've had all the sticks: Crucial (yes the pc2100 stick was the bomb too), Geil, and now Corsair. I can hit 455 on 2-5-2-2 and its a PC3200 stick so don't give me this stuff about Corsair being bad overclockers.

hmm, my neighbor got the corsair 3200s on a a7n8x dlx and has artifacts with exactly 200mhz fsb, 199 and lower is fine, maybe your epox is helping you out with that

btw, what voltage are you running to get the 455(227.5fsb)? i'm talking about stock voltage for all the ram mentioned

Last edited:
Back