• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some 101...please :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kal123

Registered
I need to purchase a mobo for a 1.33/266 FSB Athlon, using 2100DDR. I have narrowed it down to the A7A266 and the A7M266. As you all know, the difference is the chipset (Ali vs. AMD). I also would like to include the A7V266 w/ Via chipset, but I'm not sure if it is available. Can someone list pros/cons for each board? Thanks!

Everything I have read tells me that the Ali DDR chipset isn't as good as the Amd or Via DDR chipset. The Amd chipset is the most expensive chipset but imo the best DDR chipset out right now.

Thanks guys. I agree - Via's KT266 chipset looks like the best given the V-Link architecture. Otherwise, I think the AMD chipset in the A7M is the way I would go. Does anyone know when Asus will be selling the A7V266? I actually found a mobo which supports the KT266:

Microstar K7T266 DDR KT266 ATX

Is this a reliable board?

Back