• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yes got my Corsair 3200XMS running 404mhz!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NF2guy

God I love this RAM.

2X256 XMS CAS2 Corsair XMS Platinum. $83.00/ea

3,2,2,2 timings.

202 FSB sync

3168/2996 Sandra bandwidth

hmmm, i'm not bashing your results, but i would think that ram, on that board, "should" get even better results than that.

i have an abit at7-max2, and 256 mb mushkin pc2700, and i can get it to 204 fsb before it craps out.

i think with a bit of tweaking, you should reach 210-220 fsb, but since that cpu is at it's limit, or close to it, you would need a lower multi to attain the higher fsb.

just my opinion.;)

It has been proven that the stock VDD voltage to the Northbridge is not sufficient enough to go much over 200fsb.

I booted at 212fsb once, and my OS got tossed and turned pretty badly. Lost some registry files and such.

lmao, that's funny, because i get corruption above 202, but i thought it was my ram's limitation, as my ram is slow by todays standards.:D

LOL. Coruption stinks:(

The 8RDA+ has a PCI lock @33mhz. Its still can corrupt some how:eek:

Ummm, not to rain on your parade, but if that's all that ram does, that's weak. I got 2x256 GeIL PC3200 Ultra and it does 222/444ddr with ease. I can't see if it goes any higher because my cpu maxes out.

Radelon said:
Ummm, not to rain on your parade, but if that's all that ram does, that's weak. I got 2x256 GeIL PC3200 Ultra and it does 222/444ddr with ease. I can't see if it goes any higher because my cpu maxes out.
This is not the RAM's fault for not hitting a higher frequency. It's the voltage to the Northbridge. Anthing over 200FSB sync on the 8RDA(+) is a good accomplishment.

Yeah.. Northbridge voltage... That is problem..

For me, anything higher than 205MHz FSB(410MHz DDR), system became very unstable.. And I got blue screen..!!:mad:

I think ASUS need to add chipset voltage option into their BIOS.!!

According to AnandTech nForce 2 motherboards review, this memory can hit 210MHz 2-2-2-4 with stock voltage..!!

Mine may be able to do same..

By the way, My memory can do 218MHz 2-3-3-7 @ 2.6 stock voltage. Corsair tested it @ 217MHz 2-3-3-7 @ stock voltage..!!

However, my memory can't do @ 219MHz 2-3-3-7 @ stock voltage.
Should I get RMA?

juninjesus said:
By the way, My memory can do 218MHz 2-3-3-7 @ 2.6 stock voltage. Corsair tested it @ 217MHz 2-3-3-7 @ stock voltage..!!

However, my memory can't do @ 219MHz 2-3-3-7 @ stock voltage.
Should I get RMA? [/B]

No you shouldnt get an rma, it works at what its rated speed, and it doesnt matter if it doesnt work past 218mhz since it does work at what corsair said it would. Keep the stick, and besides isnt wanting more then 217mhz fsb getting a little....greedy.

The limit is not my memory's problem.. It was by chipset..
Anything higher than 219MHz memory clock, system didn't go..

relaxed timing and higher voltage didn't help...:mad:

However, I have very good news!!!
This health memory stick is rock..
It works @ 218MHz 2-2-2-4 with default voltage!!!!:cool:

right now, I'm running at 205MHz 2-2-2-3 with default voltage..!!!

So, FSB 205MHz and Memory frequency 218MHz is the limit of this A7N8X motherboard I think...

I tested with sync, and several async mode which is 125%~150%.

I hope and pray a manufacture will let us decide to kill as many boards as as we please and give us more volts to work with 1.8 is just not cutting it!

Top Hat Theater said:
Windows stores critical files in memory while loading and if your memory craps out, it results in data corruption. It's not a HDD issue.

~THT

It never ceases to amaze me what a complete mystery the basic operating principles of a computer continue to be. RAM is working storage for the CPU, whatever it is doing. This includes loading windows. If the memory is unstable any and all data passing through it can be corruputed. It's not the properties of windows that causes this, but the fact than any and all data processed by the cpu is subject to temporary storage in main memory.

NF2guy said:
LOL. Coruption stinks:(

The 8RDA+ has a PCI lock @33mhz. Its still can corrupt some how:eek:

The truth is PCI speeds are not problematic until you exceed 40MHz by a substantial margin. I have seen drives that people claim are troubled by 40MHz PCI speeds operate perfectly at 48-50MHz if the machine is actually stable from a mb/ram/cpu standpoint at the clock rates that produce those speeds. People just blame the PCI because they are unfamiliar with the real cause and effect relationship responsible for the destruction of their data. See my previous post for details.

larva said:

The truth is PCI speeds are not problematic until you exceed 40MHz by a substantial margin. I have seen drives that people claim are troubled by 40MHz PCI speeds operate perfectly at 48-50MHz if the machine is actually stable from a mb/ram/cpu standpoint at the clock rates that produce those speeds. People just blame the PCI because they are unfamiliar with the real cause and effect relationship responsible for the destruction of their data. See my previous post for details.

Right on larva. In fact this just happened to me. I got some new twin xms3200 low lantency memory and had all kinds of problem even just posting. Finally I got windows installed, only to crash every 10mins at anything over 180fsb. Major data corruption! I blamed all this of course on my epox8rda pci lock. After help from here I finally discovered my new fancy dandy expensive corsair pair were bad. Memtest errors everytime! rated for 200@2-2-2-6 its unstable at 180@2-2-2-6 in windows and can't even post at 200.

Back