• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus p4pe black pearl

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
is there anything special about it other than the asus heatsink, rounded cables, pretty case, and the fact that its black?

the asus website says its like a base model too, no gigabit lan (not like you'll ever use it)

it's a base model? Wow, with all the hype I saw on the website, I thought it was like a kick-*** board. I also thought it was already out, but I might have missed something. I was tired when I was looking at the site.
Doc

I have just ordered one with a supposed eta in New Zealand of 25.2.2003

Opted for that version because I wanted to keep my Audigy and the 32Mb memory stick is a bonus.

Performance should be interesting.... hopefully as good as what all you guys are getting.

Anyone actually got one yet???

RE: BP

you can order from newegg.com. i dunno what you want fom this board. all they did was chnge the color, add a purple north bridge HS and add round cables, a usb mem stick and a treasure chest like box. also the BP is the basic P4PE. gigabit lan is not there along with 4 pin mini firewire. gigabit lan is good if you go to lan partys. i have a 400mbs connection with other normal 100mbs comps. pretty good. tested and works.

Thanks for that..... For me.... the USB mem stick will be handy and I already have firewire on my Audigy (which I decided to keep). I'll probably flick on the rounded cables (unless they're longer than the ones I have) and I haven't been to any Lan parties lately.

As long as it overclocks like crazy, I'll be happy.

Yeah......... mine arrived the other day and I set it up at 133Mhz everywhere, forgetting totally that my 1.8A was only 100Mhz. No worries....... straight to 2430Mhz without a hint of a problem.

Back