• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which board gives the best raid performance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnyC

Registered
I'm into video and music editing and I need a board that gives the best disk performance using ide drives, as i do not have enough to purchase a scsi rig.

I also have a 1 gig 266fsb axia tbird and would like to do some overclocking..So which board will suit me?

I think a kt133a board is the best way to go, and I was pretty positive about buying the iwill kk266-raid until i heard that the onboard raid controller was giving people headaches..is this true? please someone, anyone help a brother out..thanks
-jon

The HighPoint RAID controller on Abit boards works great with overclocking. That would be my recommendation

I would also recommend the IBM Deskstar 75GXP hard drives... they are relatively cheap, extremely fast, and very reliable (for a 7200rpm IDE).

Yah I've also heard deskstars are the best ide drives out there...
i've also heard that people have been having troubles mixing deskstars and highpoint controllers..
Is this still a problem?
if so i think i'll go with some maxtor diamondmax plus 60 udma/100 drives..

johnyC (Apr 29, 2001 02:33 a.m.):
Yah I've also heard deskstars are the best ide drives out there...
i've also heard that people have been having troubles mixing deskstars and highpoint controllers..
Is this still a problem?
if so i think i'll go with some maxtor diamondmax plus 60 udma/100 drives..

The Deskstar works very well with the HighPoint controller. The only problem I've heard was with the 45GB drive and I don't know if that was related only to the HighPoint. The Maxtor drives work ok but I'd recommend the Deskstar.

Back