• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1Ghz Athlon CPU (blue/purple core) & Asus A7V133 fsb limitation?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thermodynamic

Hi there! I've used the jumpers on my new Asus A7V133 mobo to run the CPU at 10x multiplier, 133mhz fsb, 1.85 volts.

When I boot, the mobo sees the Athlon as only 1000Mhz (not 1.33Ghz)

The mobo manual, I noticed, says it supports up to 1250Mhz (12.5x100).

Is there a keen reason why the PCU is still running at 100mhz fsb?

Does any of this also rely on unlocking the multiplier - something I'd rather not do unless I need to?

Thanks!

Thermodynamic (Apr 29, 2001 06:03 p.m.):
Hi there! I've used the jumpers on my new Asus A7V133 mobo to run the CPU at 10x multiplier, 133mhz fsb, 1.85 volts.

When I boot, the mobo sees the Athlon as only 1000Mhz (not 1.33Ghz)

The mobo manual, I noticed, says it supports up to 1250Mhz (12.5x100).

Is there a keen reason why the PCU is still running at 100mhz fsb?

Does any of this also rely on unlocking the multiplier - something I'd rather not do unless I need to?

Thanks!

if your proc isnt unlocked then i would have to say thats why you arnt getting any higher. have a pencil lying around? use it-

Do you have the FSB set at 133 and multilier at 10? That would give you your 1.33. That's if you have unlocked you cpu. You say you have a 1.1gig cpu right? If so you have to unlock it to get your desired results.

Back