• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT KT7A-Raid and CD Burner Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tbrko

Registered
My KT7A has the following set-up:
IDE1 - Acer 16x DVD
IDE3&4 WD 40Gb ata100 drives - Raid-0
I just added an IOmega cd burner to IDE2.
When the computer posts, it shows that it recognizes only the ATAPI DVD on IDE1. After "scanning devices", it lists the DVD on Primary Master, but it shows that the Secondary Master (as well as the primary and secondary slaves) as "None".

After loading the operating system, I can see via the device manager that it recognizes both the DVD as well as the IOmega drives. In addition, I can see through My COmputer that it has assigned a drive letter to the IOmega (as well as the DVD).

My problem is that the computer is recognizing the burner as only a CD-ROM device and NOT as a recordable devise. As such it will not let me write to the burner. I know that I have all the connections correct since I would can "read" from the IOmega.

Do I need to do something in addition to get the computer to recognize the IOmega as a recording device (the installation instructions did not indicate anything else). Also, why is the mobo not recognizing this device on IDE2?

Any help would be greatkly appreciated!

mine came with software cd.it also does not see my rw at post but does in bios.the software is what makes mine work not the os

I set the IDE2 Primary in the CMOS but it still does not recognize the burner as a burner. It thinks that it is just a CD-ROM device.
The software that came with the IOmega is Adaptec, if that matters. It too only recognizes the device as a CD-ROM. Could it be the drivers??
Thanks! :)

Since you can read from it, the problem is *probably* software. I have seen the Adaptec stuff act strange under Windows 2000, I do not know what it does under ME. You might try a program called Nero Burning Rom, there is usually a trial version available from the web.

It sounds like software to me. I also have Adeptec and WIN ME.

Windows will only recognise it as a CD-ROM, the cd writing software is what lists it as a writable device. I have two writers on my KT7A-raid and they both work fine(windows says CD-ROM) I use NTI CDmaker pro and NERO burning rom. Also, on my other two comps in here windows only sees them as CD-ROM's. I would check your software or try a different writer in there.

Fiz

Back