• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BX133Raid can't install celeron 1100, help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

weetoots

I am trying to install a coppermine celeron 1100/100/128 1.75v.
I currently use a 566/66 and it runs ok.
When I shut the computer off to install the 1100 (NOT Tulatin) if I am lucky it will boot into BIOS 72 the latest. I then use the user settings to bus 100, multi to 11 and the voltage to 1.75.

The first time it beeped a lot and then shut down. The heastsink was not making good contact. So I got a new HS installed it and fired up the computer. It will not go into BIOS. Green light comes on (front of case) but does not go into BIOS.
I tried resetting CMOS, unplugging PS and let it sit. No go. Shut off PS, pulled connector to MB, pulled the battery., Etc. All the things ABIT says to do. Holding the "insert" button does not work.
I can only get into the BIOS by installing my 566. Then it runs fine.

If I get into BIOS, can I set the CPU speed to 1.1g/100 and hope the voltage will be right? Or do I need to define the speed ,multiplier and voltage, myself

The memory is OK.

Does anyone have an official or unofficial dip switch setting that will give a multiplier of 11 and let me bypass Softmenu?

Just want to upgrade this reliable old bd.

Thanks

i don't know if i can help it sounds like you know what you are doing. i have had many cpu's in my bx133 no problem. i would
start it up with the 566, then shut it down. change the cpu. start it up holding the insert key. if this does not work, start it up, then kill the power to the box; do this a few times, abit says up to 5-6, but usually no more than 3 times has done it. then let try the insert key again. as soon as you here the cpu detection 'beep' hold down the insert key...this will force the boot at least. if you are not quick enough to get into the bios setup let it boot then hit the reset key, and after the 'beep' hit the delete button to get into the bios setup. i would set user define and 11*100, the with default v of 1.75.

i have abuse board and cpu through overclocking and never had as bad a problem as it looks like you are having: could it be a bad cpu?

btw, you ought to have gotten a tualeron instead...oh well, if you have to rma it maybe you can get a 1.1a.

good luck...

Thanks to all who replied.
I found the problem. Bad Capacitors. 8 caps are domed or leaking.
I am going to send my board to this gentleman in Utah, for repair.
Here

Back