• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are there HSF mounting holes in a Asus P4PE?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Conceptor

Hi,

Two quick questions:

1) How can I know, short of buying it, if an Asus P4PE mobo has HSF mounting holes? If there's no way to know, could someone that actually has the mobo tell me?

2) Does the mounting socket for the CPU has to be removed to install a HSF that requires mounting holes like the new ThermalRight SLK-900? Or am I mixing things?

Thanks guys!

-Conceptor

Its just like every other socket 478 board the holes for the hsf are there to hold the retention bracket. If you need to use the holes remove the retention bracket and use the holes where the bracket was screwed on, or it might have pins holding the bracket so remove the pins and the bracket will come off. In most cases the hsf uses the bracket to hold the hsf even aftermarket hsf units. If your hsf uses the bracket and clips then you just clip it to the stock bracket on the mobo.

Back