• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB hub for A7V not working, can someone help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gary

I have an A7V mobo with a 600 duron on it at 960mhz. Asus sent one of those 3 port hubs that take up a slot in the back of your puter and attaches to the mobo with a supplied cable. LOL however the dumb thing doesn't work!!! Anything I plug into it doesn't start up the "new hardware found" thing. Can someone tell me how to fix this little problem? (I'm running the original bios on this mobo if that help)

Thanks for the help, I mean you pay money for a mobo you want everything to work on it right?

There are 2 cables needed to connect the extra ports, one is a small ribbon cable and the other a twisted set that looks kinda like a cd-rom audio cable. I found this out when I asked someone what the other cable was for since I only use 1 USB device.
Are you using both cables??

I know this seems elementary, but have you enabled them in the BIOS?

LOL!!!! I totaly forgot about that little cable!!! O-well shoot, I guess we all do something dumb like that. Thanks to all 3 of you for your help. I upgraded my bios and usb updates, did the cable, and check that they where enabled, now they work great. Thanks

Back