• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sg-71

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hawk

I got a SG71 from new egg and it worked fine setting up but when I set up my CPU speed it never booted again. I reset the CMOS several times and even removed the battery the light on the board lit and fan spun but no video. I removed ram and CPU tested in another board and it worked fine (on board video).
I RMAed it and got another again it booted right up. The hard drive was already set up for the componets I went straight for the bios. I kicked the multiplier up to 21 and the multiplier to 21 (ES CPU) I know this chip will run at this speed so I started there.
Well guess what wont boot! no video lights on fan spinning and no one home. ;) Reset CMOS ...removed batt still nada!
Is there a known problem with this board and ES chips. Suggestions please!!
Thanks,
Hawk

I put 2 different 2.4 Engineering samples in this board both work fine inj two other boards. I finally pulled out a 1.5 non ES chip and got it running. It seems that the bios CPU auto detect is being confused by the fact that my chips are completely unlocked.

Back