• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Iwill KK266 RAID, slow performance...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

therapture

HELP!! RAID on Iwill KK266
Help me folks PLEASE! I am at a total loss at this point.
My new KK266-R is working fine, EXCEPT for my RAID array. I have two ATA66 WD's in a RAID 0, both drives worked PERFECT on an Abit BX133 RAID, and so I moved them to my new board, and CRAP. I have reinstalled twice to make sure I did not miss something, the RAID array checks out with all available tools, both drives are running in UDMA4 mode, as verified by WEstern Digitals own software as well as Iwill's software.

But my benches are ONLY 11,000 - 11,500....a far cry from 32,231 on my BX133 RAID board.

HELP ME PLEASE>?

Does it say AMI HyperDisk #00 under Device Manager in System Properties? Try manual install with the correct raid controller driver folder in the raid controller floppy disk, sometime driver update automaticly choose the Win2000 folder. Also, defrag your hard drive.

Nomis (May 01, 2001 12:40 a.m.):
Does it say AMI HyperDisk #00 under Device Manager in System Properties? Try manual install with the correct raid controller driver folder in the raid controller floppy disk, sometime driver update automaticly choose the Win2000 folder. Also, defrag your hard drive.

Yep, it has the AMI Hyperdisk100 listed in Device Manager.....These drives are FRESHLY formatted in NTFS. I think Sandra is not lying, my bootup speed is noticeably diminished...
Although my switched 100mb LAN speeds seem normal....average of about 5-6mb/sec on file transfers....
I also tried both listings on the Win2k install, one is the plain "AMI Hyperdisk", the other is the "AMI Hyperdisk100"...both have the same results...guess I will just RMA this board if I can't find anything else...

BTW, HDTach reports only a 21mb/sec burst speed....awful slow for a RAID 0 array....

my comp teacher is having this same problem on a pair of new 60gb IBM drives striped mode. Any ideas, I am at a loss.

do you have service pack 2 installed? I know that it added full support for ata100, but even though you are only using ata66 drives, it might make a difference. Also, make sure you have the newest drivers.
That might do it, and if not, I'm at a loss...
just my 2 bits

i know drivers and bios updates are tip top, don't know about sp2. But i am pretty sure we are running me on that computer. I was just asked this and I went searching and this was all I could find. I don't have a clue right now.

Boot over to amdmb.com and post in the iwill forum, lots of great support for Iwill users. You can try a search first and decent chance to find yr answer. I have same mb and a pair of 20g max's in raid 0

kk266r + 2 x 20g maxtor ata100's
sandra = 43102
hdtach burst = 75.4 mb/s
fsb at 155

Some say the ami controllor bites cus they're getting low results (like
yr experiencing) but its all in the setup, especially with win2k. I'm running win98 1st ed so can't help ya any further - so click the link

Back