• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BEEEEEEEP!......Why does my IWill KK266 do that?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FunkyTechnician

Occasionally my internet connection goes out and I get this awful high pitched beep that crashes my system or won't let me restart without using the reset button.

Anyone out there know what's causing this and how I can fix this problem? It seems to happen less frequently after I updated to 0307 Bios. I thought it was gone completely but it just resurfaced while I was playing Tribes2. It has occurred a couple of times in 3dmark2001 also.

Amiel

It happened to me with the 0416 bios the most. It could be Iwill's bios and that could be the reason Iwill took the bios off their website. I would get an alarm if the cpu is too hot but not a high pitch beep. I am trying out the 0426 bios right now, the idle temp is very high at 43C+ but no sign of a crash so far.

I thought that it was heat related at first but since I got my Swiftech MC462A working, heat is definitely not an issue.

I'm kinda stumped. Anyone have any suggestions?

Amiel

Sketch (May 02, 2001 04:52 p.m.):
Give some more specs please. IE... FSB speed, voltage ect.....

Okay, I'm running at a FSB of 133 since my NIC starts flaking out when I start raising the fsb. My voltage reads 1.82 according to MBM 5.0

I do have a couple of extra PCI cards (ATI TV wonder and a USB/PCI card). I'm using Windows 98SE.

I was thinking maybe it is just my NIC but I don't think it should be causing any problems since I'm not raising the FSB at all.

Amiel

have you checked to see if you have any IRQ conflicts? It sounds like you might. Check that and let us know.

Sketch (May 02, 2001 10:46 p.m.):
have you checked to see if you have any IRQ conflicts? It sounds like you might. Check that and let us know.

Well, according to Windows, I don't have any conflicts. I have tried switching around the PCI cards that I do have to have them on seperate IRQs for the most part though. I thought that it might be video card related since it mainly occured on Tribes 2, but I just ran folding@home and after a couple of hours, I got the beeping problem and my whole computer froze.

Augh.

Amiel

not that I don't think a lot of the OC forum but this question is probably already on the ambmb.com iwill mobo forum go check it out. I will look next time I visit their site too. peace.

el (May 07, 2001 04:06 p.m.):
not that I don't think a lot of the OC forum but this question is probably already on the ambmb.com iwill mobo forum go check it out. I will look next time I visit their site too. peace.

I actually posted there also but didn't get too much help. I've run out of ideas and maybe it's that my 300watt PSU is not enough. Don't know though. I have noticed that the BEEP is coming out of my speakers and not the motherboard.

Any ideas on what that means? Soundblaster cracking out? BTW, I am running the FSB at 133.

Amiel

If you asked in the IWILL forum, I guess I tried, but not sure. SO, does this happen at all chip defaults? Not OCed to 1.53G. Also, can you switch out the nic. assuming you have broadband and it happens while surfing....

I say take all cards but the video and run a test then place another card after and if your test succeds until you find the card that is causing the problem. Time comsuming, but worth it. Let us know how it goes.

Back