• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this voltage mod correct?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mac42

I tried the Voltage Mod (KT7a) listed on the front page a few days ago ( http://www.athlonoc.com/voltagemod1.htm ) but it didn't seem to work as expected (for some reason the pics on that page are gone now). I connected the wire from pin10 to the middle connector on the 50K linear potentiometer and connected the ground wire to the connectror on the right (looking down on the flat round side).

I started turning the resistence down, but the voltage didn't change (2 second interval). When I would reach a certain point the screen would blank and the computer would restart.

After this I connected another 50K to pin7 and was able to get the voltage to move to 2.1V before it blanked (I got 2.24V with some 47K variable resisters before using this method).

The theory behind the the page listed above seems sound... maybe I just connected the wires to the wrong connectors? Would setting the voltage lower in bios help? Hopefully some of you have some experience here that would help.

-=mac=-

Back