• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 Mainboard with AGP 2x recommendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

huonglant

Registered
I know it's kinda sound stupid because I can't get rid of my Matrox G400 TV Video capture AGP 2x , but What do you recommend for a P4 mainboard that supports AGP 2x and overclockable (400-533 Fsb).

If it can run SDRAM 133 168 pin is even better.

Thanks.

All motherboards that are AGP4x are backwardcompatible eith AGP 2x, so theres no problem there.

If you can afford it, I strongly suggest that you go for a board with DDR-support. SDRAM and P4 is in my opinion not a good combo. The P4 really needs the extra bandwith of DDR.

If you are looking for a fairly cheap board with good OC-possibilities, I can recommend ABits BD7-II. I've got that board myself, and its working flawless. But its only DDR.

I dont know any good P4 Sdram boards, but take a look at ASUS or abits board......They are considered good brands.

And welcome to the forums!!

I have a the Asus P4B which was running with a Matrix G400.
It ran very well with it.

The board is very overclockable.
fsb 400
Running 640 megs SDRAM 133
I would recommand it

Warhawk said:
Some on newegg only run at 4x

Most likely boards based on Intel Chipsets...have to be careful with some of those...

Perhaps consider an ECS P4S5A/DX...it supports 400/533 fsb CPUs, SDRAM and DDR. Not very OC'able, but very cheap and fits all other criteria. Upgradeable with DDR, which would probably offer more benefit than just OCing the CPU.

Last edited:
Back