• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need HELP on XMS3200LLPT - Not being recognized

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

texasfit

I just installed a new stick of Corsair 512Mb XMS-PC3200LLPT into my system. BD7II-Raid Motherboard

Problem is:
The stick only shows as being 256Mb single sided in both the BIOS and every program that I have. (CPUz, Sandra 2001se, Sandra 2003, Memtest86, etc.)

Looking a Sandra motherboard information it shows only one bank instead of both banks.
1.) Tested slot 1 on mobo and shows Bank0
2.) Tested slot 2 on mobo and shows Bank2

Could it be that a memory controller chip or something on the motherboard is not reading the second bank, since both Bank1 & 3 are not showing up? :confused:

I did test the chip in another board ECS K7S5A and it shows correctly as 512Mb stick.

Is it the same chipset? It might be that the abit board doesnt support double sided memory....or u got a defective board, contact them.

go check out your mobo manual. see if it supports that type of memory. thats what my problem was i think on my boared. the abit BH6 board didnt want to recognize my double sided stick of 256 megs ( only read 128 )

if thats the case.. go see if you can exchange your memory for single sidded 512megs :D

Back