• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7-MAX2v2 -12 and -5 voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rilot

Hi
I have just built a new system based around the IT7-MAX2v2 but have noticed the -5 and -12v lines are reported as rather low in MBM5.

They are reported as:

-12v = -7.75v
-5v = -2.83v

The BIOS doesn't have the -ve voltages listed.

All the other voltages are spot on.

I am using a Chieftec 350W PSU which always gave solid voltages on the TH7-II RAID that I had before.

Rest of the system specs are:

PIV 3.06
1GB Corsair XMS3500
Radeon 9700 Pro
2 x Maxtor 80GB
1 x Maxtor 60GB
Lite-On 40x12x40 burner
Lite-On DVD-ROM
Audigy

Hi, the Problem is same with my BE7, all the Voltings are unstable, the -12 is a 8,xx and the -5 Volt is about -3,xx...

Abit is doin a bad Job now, has it to do with outsorcing the Poduktion to ECS ?

greetz

So, are you saying that the board is faulty and should be replaced?

Mmm.....look around, and you will see, that this problems are with all the new Abit Intel or AMD Boards, like IT7 Max, BE7Raid, AT7...

I dont thing, that a replacement Board will solve this Problem, my Opinion, maybe they send you new one with same Problems?

If you do so, please write to me how Abit handle this....

thx n'greetz

walkingnoise said:
Mmm.....look around, and you will see, that these problems are with all the new Abit Intel or AMD Boards, like IT7 Max, BE7Raid, AT7...

I dont thing, that a replacement Board will solve this Problem, my Opinion, maybe they send you new one with same Problems?

If you do so, please write to me how Abit handle this....

thx n'greetz

uups, wrong button....not edit but quote.... (o;

I have the same problem as you..

I wonder if that's why I can't overclock past 148FSB, even at 1:1 or 3:4 settings..

I tried different cpu's, memory, and psu's as well, but no go..

I would think the voltages are correct the measuring system is all messed up. My guess its a bios issue. if the voltages were off that much the system wouldn't work.

i would have to agree w/ logger. this is a strange issue for such a reputable company. if you ever get an answer PLEASE get back to us. i'm about to purchase the IT7 max2 v2 board w/ a 2.4 533 mhz & am getting a little worried that i have my hopes set too high. also it says on abit's web site that it "Supports up to 2GB of PC2700/PC2100/PC1600 and peak bandwidth of 2.7GB/s. now does the board support your higher speed 3500 or is it limited to 2700? i would think it could support the extra ram but who knows? maybe your sucking too much power w/ the higher ram?
good luck

the negitive rails arnt used in a modern computer. its a issue of your power supply not the boards. old isa cards used to use the neg lines way back. its nothing to be alarmed about and wont effect you, we all have it. in fact its handy to have for 15 volt mods on fans.

Thx for the replies guys.

I will just ignore the -ve lines then.

That means, to look at it like a feature ?:D Ok, i try to....

But whats about the instable VCore, AGP u DimmVoltage, are there ways to fix this ?? Its driven me mad...Could that be reasonable ? for BSOD's ?

Thank vou guys for the responce....

greetz

If your voltages are unstable to the point of computer failure then you might have a power supply problem. Most lower priced puters have a cheap supply stuffed into the case. They are sometimes hard to troubleshoot. A computer store down the street that I frequent has a box of about 100 failed PS'S. they said they are the most replaced part. Running close is hard drives.

The vcore is regulated by the mother board with a voltage regulator chip as are agp and Dimm..

Mmm, can`t believe its the PSU... It's a TSP420 Dualfan, should work stable with bigger sets like mine, 3,3/5/12V all in tha limit all time, but vcore,agp and ram aren't what they should be, even under fully normal circumstances, no overclocking...

maybe i take this board back to shop...

greetz n'thx for your help

Abit is doin a bad Job now, has it to do with outsorcing the Poduktion to ECS ?

Guys, I don't know who spread this rumor but ABIT is NOT outsourcing their MAX series of motherboards to ECS. So, the IT7 MAX2s and the IT7 MAX2 V2.0s are purely built by ABIT and ECS has nothing to do with them. ABIT representatives said this very clearly in several of their interviews. I am pretty sure that the original IT7 is not being produced by ECS either...

Where did you buy it ??

Rilot said:
Hi
I have just built a new system based around the IT7-MAX2v2 but have noticed the -5 and -12v lines are reported as rather low in MBM5.

They are reported as:

-12v = -7.75v
-5v = -2.83v

The BIOS doesn't have the -ve voltages listed.

All the other voltages are spot on.

I am using a Chieftec 350W PSU which always gave solid voltages on the TH7-II RAID that I had before.

Rest of the system specs are:

PIV 3.06
1GB Corsair XMS3500
Radeon 9700 Pro
2 x Maxtor 80GB
1 x Maxtor 60GB
Lite-On 40x12x40 burner
Lite-On DVD-ROM
Audigy

Back