• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

!!HELP P4PE Wont start!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tstrike

Registered
got my RMAed Motherboard back
and RMAed CPU back also

i put everything together today
and problems!!!!

first i attach minimun only cpu on it and the voice says system failed cpu test

and i got scared
tried every combo
with vga with and without
with memory stick with and without
also tried 3 different PSU
everything

and just wont start
and now the cpu fan doesn't even start anymore

whats happening????????????????????????????????

it keeps saying "system failed cpu test"

i dunno about the cpu being broken already got this replaced by Intel

and mother is an RMAed althgouth it is the same mobo since Googlegear said it's working

how could it be working??????

any help plsssssssssss
i really don't want to RMA again!!!!
unless i have no choice!!!

Try taking the motherboard out of the case and set it up on a bit of cardboard. Add the ram, cpu and hs and Video card and hook up the psu.
Reset the Bios by shorting the jumper or removing the battery for about a minute.

Then plug it in and turn on the power and report what happens.

Good Luck.
Al

yes tried taking it out
and clearing cmos
and still the same thing

cpu fan doesn't even start

yes i pluged in the 12v for the cpu
and also i have the regular motherboard power pluged in and also i have the ez plug pluged in also just in case not enough power

and still nothing

Is there any chance of another CPU or motherboard to test either component? The easiest thing to do would probably be to throw that P4 chip in Uncle Bob's computer for about 10 minutes and see if it works.

Or hell, if nothing else UPS ground it to me and I'll test it out real fast. I got 3 P4 machines laying open here in my office and it would take less than 10 minutes to verify the condition is good and send it back out.

thanks but
going to RMA the motherboard and get a refund and prob buy it from annother place

i think the motherboard is the problem since the cpu fan header doesn't even start

that is unless the cpu fan header wont start if the cpu is screwed?
does it work like that?
like does the cpu fan header detect the cpu first and then turns the cpu fan on?

Try it with no CPU in the slot at all. In my experience when there is no CPU or the CPU is cooked, the motherboard won't respond at all. No fan headers, no beeps, no nothing. If it is saying the CPU failed I would be inclined to think it's not the motherboard. If the motherboard gets far enough to tell you that, then something is still working.

Sounds very similiar to what happened to me.... Only after noticing that when I bumped my sound wire, that was giving such conveniet yet anouying error messages, my board would power on and off... these by the way were some junk noname brand speakers that I had plugged in only for the voice diagnostics... After plugging in a different set of speakers... EVERYTHING BOOTed PERFECTLY!!!! now this was only after buying a new cpu I might add! but it turns out my first cpu was probably bad anyways (missing pin)...

that5s pretty wierd
that a system wont boot casue of the speakers?

bad cpu?
so there were some pins missing on the cpu?

did you get msg "system failed cpu test"?

Sounds like you need to get refunds, remove the EZ plug, depending on your psu size, and start over. For first boot, try just cpu, hsf, memory and video. If it doesn't want to start then, you might want to check other things. I was having a problem similar to this with my tusl2, but I was using the wrong video port. :) Good luck
Doc

Back