• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS Health Screen locks up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gunrunner

Registered
A friend has a P4 1.8 Northwood on an Aopen SIS 645DX board. When I boot and go to the BIOS and Health screen I get no reading other than CPU 265 degrees. Hitting the Esc key does nothing and I must use Ctl Alt Del to get out of this screen. I put in Aopens monitoring software and as soon as windows boots I open it and it says CPU 69 C System 72 C. Now I know that this is nearly impossible and I am pretty sure that it is a problem with the Winbond chip and think I sould RMA the board. I have run AMD on my own system and am really at a loss to explain what is happening. Please help am I right in my assumption or am I missing something here. Thanks.

Just a shot in the dark but unplug all fans that are plugged into the motherboard that have a 3rd wire on them [tach wire] and try it. I have seen bad/shorted out tach wires screw up BIOS navigation.

Back