• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Canterwood Chipset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DJ Switch

Hello all, I was wondering when the first traces of this chipset will emmerge? If any of you know that is. Also will any of them support Rambus? What about the other chipset sister hood, aka Springdale's G-PE-P.

Kyle

Dates for the Canterwood and Springdale are all over the map. Coz, our resident Intel chipset guru, says they'll be out sometime in March. I don't expect them until April or early May.

None of the Canterwoods, or the Springdales, will support RDRAM. The 850E was Intel's last desktop chipset for Rambus memory. From now on Intel will focus on D-DDR. SiS has shown a couple of RDRAM1066/1200 chipsets but so far no board maker has announced they will use them. It doesn't look good for RDRAM.

BHD

BaldHeadedDork said:
Coz, our resident Intel chipset guru, says they'll be out sometime in March.
Actually, I said late May. Apparently, the launch date should be around the same time this year as the i845G was launched last year. But then look at when Granite Bay as supposed to launch originally (Q4 '02) and you can see that these things rarely turn out the way you'd expect.:(

Heh, I wouldn't call myself a guru, more like a fanboy with good sources!!;)

Back