• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

broken case from newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KGH

the FedEx just dropped off my case from newegg.
when I openned up it is broken inside, the front cannot be closed properly. Obviously this came from "cheap" packing .. does this happen to anyone ? umm wonder if I can exchange this

Call Newegg imediately. If there was damage on the outside of the box you should have refused shipment from Fedex. Now you are going to have to ship it to them and try to get them to refund your shipping costs. Sometimes they will sometimes they will not. Your best chance is to be nice and calm on the phone. Good Luck:D

Edit: This is not really the section for this post. Maybe Vendor Discusion.

My new case is coming today or monday...hopefully I'll have better luck! I know this kinda thing doesnt happen often wiht newegg...and when it does, they are quick to fix the problem. Good luck to ya.

I'm not sure where you are located, but the temp here has hit the high for the day at -5F. Cold plastic can fracture quite easily in the average bumps and jumps of shipping. Nobody's fault really, just bum luck

Hoot

yeap, hoots right, ive had that happen to me when i lived up in the fridges north of minnesota...

just be calm and patient when you deal with newegg, and everything should be fine

I had a broken case delivered from Newegg through FedEx before. I had to RMA the damn thing and pay shipping back to them. Bunch of crap if you ask me.

Yeah. These things just happen. Particularly with low end cases you're taking a risk. I would not hold it against newegg. They just move boxes for a manufacturer. They certainly can't open every one.

I want to buy some cases from Newegg, but I am very worried about it being completely across the country. This thread doesn't give me much confidence. I have ordered other things from them that were fine, but the cases concern me.

What kind fo case was it that was damaged?

I was thinking of ordering a case from Mwave too, but again they are across the country. I also haven't dealt with them before.

I ordered a Chieftec aluminum case with the side window from newegg about 1-2 weeks ago. When it got here (WI) it was fine packaging was all ok and it was packaged well. Alum cases are easier to dent and break since they aren't as strong as steel but like I said it was perfect so I spose you just had some bum luck like the man said.

EmTSea19 said:
I want to buy some cases from Newegg, but I am very worried about it being completely across the country. This thread doesn't give me much confidence. I have ordered other things from them that were fine, but the cases concern me.

What kind fo case was it that was damaged?

I was thinking of ordering a case from Mwave too, but again they are across the country. I also haven't dealt with them before.

You take a risk with any purchase like this, but the best thing anyone can do is inspect the package that came in for physical damage and refuse that puppy if it IS damaged. This puts the carrier (FedEx in this case) on the hook for the damages as they damaged it. Now in this case what has happened is that the contents were damaged without the package. This happens in a couple of ways-

1--as described above something gets a jolt and it cracks in cold weather
or
2--it is damaged from the manufacturer

When I was working in wholesale distribution we saw a lot of #2, particularly on the low end. If you're buying chieftec or Lian Li cases, I bet this almost never happens. However if you're like me and buy the cheapest of the cheap, then you are taking a small risk. However, often you can ship back the damaged part and vendors can cross ship the part that's bad (just a face plate, for example) and that can save everybody some bucks. The manufacturers in China make allowances for this kind of thing and ship their distributors 1-2% extra cases & case parts to cover such problems, however if you get a dented case, then you're just out of luck and expect to have to pay shipping back or live with it.

Alternatively you might ask Newegg if they'll give you some sort of credit towards another purchase and make an allowance for the damage? Dunno.

thnx for replying guys !
I did call NewEgg and they gave me the RMA# and will pay back the shipping cost ..
but today I went out shopping and got a very decent case for 4 more bucks with superATX 300W ALLIED PSU ..so thinking about asking NewEGG to take back the case and use that credit to order something else from them ..would thatbe possible ?

it was a $39 case w/ 350W +free shipping deal
but turn out too much hassel

I will definitely stick to local stores with case/monitor from now on hehe

um.. Isn't Allied total crap? I remember reading that here on the forums... I have no first hand experience, with this, but watch out.

here's a link to a really informative post by Larva:
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=150384&highlight=allied

he says:
...there is no reason to use questionable supplies or ones known to be junk like Deer/Allied/LC power units. You can't save but a few dollars by using what comes to hand easiest or cheapest, but you can compromise the stability of your machine and/or damage the expensive components you hook to the supply.

I am inclined to agree with him.

My new Evercase from Newegg just arrived, and although it came in it's original packaging, it looks great. The styrofoam suffered a small beating, but the case looks good! I only ordered this on Saturday eve. I love Newegg's service.

I've bought 4 Chieftec/Chenming cases from Newegg and all arived in perfect condition. I've also ordered some cases from Mwave.com and I had a cheapo Codgen case come in with the face plate broken, although the package was in good shape. I called mwave up and they shipped me a new faceplate for that Codgen case ASAP and no problems or additional charges. Both companies are good online vendors to deal with, but I find that Newegg usually beats mwave on price.

call me lucky, but I've never had a problem with my Allied/Deer 400W PSU, used it 24/7 for over a year now and not had a single problem

-Dae-

P.S. 24/7 aside from LAN pArTiEs :)

Back