• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

different mem divider..?( Ph Punisher??)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

:p

Registered
Is there any possibilities to mod a BIOS to get different mem dividers..? For an example , my new IT7Max2 v2 (PE) has a 4:5 divider when using a 533 cpu and a 3:4 divider for 400 cpus. Is there no way for me to use the 3:4 divider with my 533 cpu..?

When you put your mem to "low" , you can pick either 1:1 or 3:4.....When you put it to "high" , you can pick 1:1 and 4:5.......inspite of the CPU's fsb......

Yeah, but what if we could use a 5:6 ratio or something like that? Unfortunately, as I understand it, if the board doesn't already support a setting such as a 5:6 ratio, there is no way to just create it. You can only "unlock" hidden features that are already there using the BIOS (such as CPU and memory voltage settings) if I am not mistaken. The way it is right now, I believe Phantom Punisher's BIOS' unlocks all the options that can be unlocked in the BIOS already (memory voltage up to 3.2v's, etc...).

hipro5 said:
When you put your mem to "low" , you can pick either 1:1 or 3:4.....When you put it to "high" , you can pick 1:1 and 4:5.......inspite of the CPU's fsb......

Ok ,found it... thx hipro..... Seems as the limit is 424 mhz in cas 2 with my twinmos stick....

Back