• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7 MAX2 v2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

czirjacks

I was thinking about getting this board as I enjoy oc'ng and have had a good experience with Abit products in the past; there are also some very favorable reviews on this board around the net. However, after reading this forum, I wonder if there is anybody who HASEN'T had a problem with this board!

So, is this a decent board, or not. And, if I do get this board, does anybody have any suggestions on how to avoid problems?

Thanks

From what I read this is the board to have. I can't remember if this was the board with the misaligned agp socket. If you do get it make sure its a fresh one not one on the shelf for a long time.
I wish I could help you more I don't know why no one else has responded...

keep looking through the forums. Do a search

the max2 v2 doesnt have any of those problems the other IT7's had. everything fits correctly and you can add and remove ram with out taking anything else out. i love this board :D , ive had no problems with it at all. it does undervolt the vCore, but now with a new bios you can have your vCore up to 1.85v i think so undervolting really isnt a problem anymore.

i love this board , ive had no problems with it at all. it does undervolt the vCore, but now with a new bios you can have your vCore up to 1.85v i think so undervolting really isnt a problem anymore.

I second that.

Hi guys

Well one quick question do you guys know if you can use two sticks of corsair pc3500 512mb each = 1 gig on this board without a problem and overclock aleast to 160 fsb only because i hear alot of good about this board but i don't hear anything about running two sticks of memory also because thinking of buying this board but want to make sure that it can work with two sticks of memory Thanks guys

Well one quick question do you guys know if you can use two sticks of corsair pc3500 512mb each = 1 gig on this board without a problem and overclock aleast to 160 fsb

As I'm typing this, I am running 2 sticks of PC3500 512mb each = 1gig on my IT7 Max2 v2.0 at 166fsb at 4:5 ratio. This is only because I'm on air cooling for the moment being. I was running with the external EXOS watercooling system for a while but I decided to replace it with a TEC system which the EXOS couldn't handle so I sold the EXOS on E-bay and am waiting for my TEC setup to arrive. Meanwhile, I am on air cooling (it SUCKS)!

HOWEVER, with the EXOS watercooling kit, I could run this machine as high as 180fsb with the memory at 4:5 ratio. Anything over and the CPU would be limiting factor, not RAM. With my TEC setup, I'll let you know how far I can take the RAM as I should be able to take the CPU to much higher speeds. I have problems running the RAM at 3:4 ratio though even at low FSB speeds and I made a couple posts about this (I'm sure you can find them if you make search on the forums) BUT there are no problems running with the 4:5 ratio, even with very tight settings. Right now I am running at 166fsb with settings 2-5-2-2 and before with the EXOS, I was running at 175 fsb, again at the 4:5 ratio for the RAM and again with 2-5-2-2 settings.

The only reason I went 2x512mb sticks for this board is that in the future sometime, I will be replacing this board with a dual-channel DDR board and run the RAM at speeds in excess of 800Mhz!! :eek: For now however, this board serves me VERY well...

Back