• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stability after 2.8GHZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dj_ski69

Registered
Hello, I am having problems with getting an OC over 2.8GHZ with good stability.....I think its my power supply but I'm not sure....I am currently using an Enermax 365w PSU....At intel's web site they post a list of tested PSU's for P4's....http://program.intel.com/shared/products/boards/techcenter/atx12v_tested_psu.htm
My power supply is not listed but the EG-465AX-VE(FMA) is one of the ones listed. Can anybody offer some wisdom on this....

thanks

SKI

What is the CPU to begin with?
I currently have a 2.8, but it is clocking 3.09............if it wasn't for the heat, I think it would be higher.... how do you like the 3500 mem by the way, I have some OCZ pc3500 on the way

His sig says its a 2.4B.

Enermax is a pretty good brand, but your system seems very similar to mine and I have doubts whether my 420W is capable (it is a generic though, which makes me somewhat doubt the 420W too).

Your sig says you have a Zalman HSF, what model is it exactly? Your sig temp of 45C should be well within normal limits. I personally have a threshold of 53C. If it's over that I clock it back down.

I would also check your memory frequency and timings. If you are running your memory at the highest setting (4:3 multiplier) with timings of 2-2-2-5 then you are probably approaching the max of the 3500C2, that is about where mine started to get flaky and I had to turn it back to the middle frequency setting (5:4).

Back