• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buyaib.com Fraud

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andrew1173

Registered
I just purchased Samsung pc2700 at Buyaib.com and got defective pc2100 elixir memory. These guys got to be stopped! I think the ram fried my epox motherboard when I tried to oc it. I'm going to call my credit card company and have the $90 refunded back to my account. Also, I'm going to keep the memory, no rma for these guys. If anyone else is having problems, submit a report go to http://www.bbbsouthland.org.

andrew1173 said:

I think the ram fried my epox motherboard when I tried to oc it.

Kinda like how the parked car came out of nowhere and slammed into you? :D Couldn't resist, sorry.

That sucks, and holy **** are their resellerratings bad.

Seems to me that all the crappy ram somehow gets snatched up by all the same companies...and relabel the ram. Too bad that resellerratings.com isn't as ingrained into this forum [text-wise, for those who don't know] so as to prevent others from making these kind of mistakes.

Companies that sell rebadged memory SHOULD be sued for false advertising and all that kinda leagal stuff. Its illegal to sell a VW rebadged as an Audi, so y aren't these companies being shut down for selling pc2100 as pc2700+ ram?

I think i bought some "crucial" "pc2700" ram from them a while ago. It came with a heatspreader, so i never pulled it off to see if it was actually crucial. I think I will check now. hehe.

If it's not I'm going to be extremely angry. I will take them to small claims court. This sort of fraud needs to be stopped immediately.

^ Just another reason to shop at newegg. Newegg is awesome. Never had a problem. Never heard of a credible problem (have heard of some stories about it being neweggs fault that fedex delayed a persons shipment- totally not neweggs fault). They keep customer service above everything else. Awesome example of an online business. A+.

DAMNIT!!! ME TOO!!!

:mad: Those *******s did it to me too! I bought and paid for pc2700 333 and got pc2100 266. I called the jerks up and told them about their error, and they told me to send it back and they would send me pc2700 333. First, I cannot go without a computer for 10 days while i ship it out, wait for them to process it, and send it back. Second, why should I have to pay for shipping on their error. Moreover, they wouldn't even do a cross-shipment. They have my cc on file... if I don't send them my 266 ram, they could just charge me for the new one. The only remedy.... buy pc2700 333 ram, pay for it, and when it comes, send them back the 266 for a refund.

THIS IS NOT GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICES.:mad: I intend to tell my story to everyone who will listen and continue to cost them money until they make this right. We may even have a class action lawsuit or fraud case.

Re: DAMNIT!!! ME TOO!!!

Dr.Octopus said:
The only remedy.... buy pc2700 333 ram, pay for it, and when it comes, send them back the 266 for a refund.

DON'T DO THAT!!!!

Read their reviews!

They'll either tell you there's nothing wrong with it, or they'll tell you it isn't what they sent. And they'll send something crappy instead of the pc2700.

Just do a chargeback on your credit card. Yeah, buyaib will charge a fee for such a thing. They legally can. (which is complete BS.) But at least you'll have most of your money and less hassle.

B*tch and moan. Spread the word. Take your lumps. And learn to use www.resellerratings.com

But by all means, do NOT send them any more money!!!!!!

Latest development:

I sent back the original order and got a FULL refund... but I did insist on talking to the GM before doing making the return.

Also, I just spent $1000 at newegg.com and they sent every part promptly, and they were all correct. Definitely worth the few extra bucks to go thru newegg.

Back