• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IT7 max v2 or Asus P4G8X Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

microfire

I have had the Abit IT7 max2 v2 on ordered for a week and it will be in tommorrow or the next few days. If im quick enough I can cancel it and get a Asus P4G8X Deluxe.
Which should I got for? Would I be a dumby to get the IT7 ?

Good question, I hope you get some answers. I would also like to know about the Asus P4G8X. It says it uses Dual 2100 Memory, so does that mean 2100 is as high as you can get for it?
Would that be slower than 2700 on the ABit Board?

yeah im not sure becuase the p4g8x has such good bandwidth. but i read that the max has four phase power. there was a rumor that the max was running a 800fsb pentium 4. if yourve seen the srceen shot of that 220 fsb max

i would say it would overclock well(only seen the benchmarks). As for the memory being overclocked it only has a 1:1 ratio yet it looks like it 33% faster than a IT7. Thats gotta be good no matter what your doing on your PC.
Instead of paying more for corsair 3500 for an IT7 you could spend less on ram, e.g you would never need anymore than corsair 3200 on a P4G8X and still out power the IT7.

I hope the Asus has no problems with ATI 9700

The only hope I have for the IT7 is being able to make the new P4 800fsb processor run on it when they come out. Thats if its even possible to do so? If so you could overlclock the mainboard to 200fsb so as to run the P4 800fsb standard and maybe alittle more if your lucky. Really depends if these new processors are gonna have a higher ghz rating, up and beyond 4ghz.

After this purchase I will be making it last at least a couple of years before I make enougher. By that time the P4 800fsb will be an affordable replacement for my 2.4B that I have here ready for... dont know which mainboard to get?

EmTSea19 said:
It says it uses Dual 2100 Memory, so does that mean 2100 is as high as you can get for it?

You could put 2700 or higher but I don't think the Dual Channel would take effect on anything higher than 2100. 4.2GB/s drool.
I am also curious how the P4G8X OC's because I am a loyal Asus customer and they are always reliable.

To late for me now, my IT7 max2 v2 has arrived at the store. Now waiting for the memory 2x512 XMS3500. Also some other bits too. This thing is costing me a packet. I am now very broke. Oh well, if its gotta be done it may as well be done good.

Back