• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VRD power failure - help !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lexx

I am getting a boot screen error message that says "VRD power failure !!". I'm running the Gigabyte 8INXP mobo.

Can't find any info on this error anywhere - anyone know what's going on ?

Update:

This error message occurred along with the operating status of Gigabyte's dual voltage power regulator module (DVPRM). I removed the DVPRM from it's slot and started the PC - error was gone. Even better, when I put the DVPRM back in, still no error ! Hope this info can be of use to someone.

Cool, and thanks for the heads up!

While I got you here, are you seeing any benefit to using the DVPRM? The test results I've seen show no benefit for the 845 boards, but a review on the new Gigabyte SiS D-DDR board said they were able to get a few more MHz of overclocking speed when DVPRM was used.

BHD

I am not overclocking my p4 3.06 significantly due to the ludicrous amount of money I paid for it ! I am running it at the stock voltage at the moment, so really the DVPRM is superflous to my needs. Gigabyte would have you believe that it is a "miracle", but I think it's probably more of a gimmick.

Anyway, for the hardcore overclocker there might be some benefit, but for most people it's just a novelty.

Back