• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4B533 users.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skitZo`

Registered
Hie

im plannin to upgrade my system currently at sig to 512mb DDRam.

should i get another 256mb(corsair) stick or sell my current stick and get a single stick of 512mb ram.

Would it be compatible running 2 sticks of ram?

Bcoz ive read reviews and post from many forums and they said that most likely u`ll get incompatibality issues running 2 sticks of ddr ram rather than 1.

My P4B533 only runs with PC3200 Memory only with one Dimm!!!

(tested with 2x Samsung 3200 CB3 and 2x256MB Winbond BH5)

Setting the other one of the pair into the Dimm-Slots,
the System won´t boot and beeping error codes (ram issue).

I tried that with the 2 Samsungs Sticks and then with the Winbonds. Every Ramstick runs fine single!

It´s the Chipset, that doesn´t support 2xPC3200 Memory i think.

greets

I am running 2 X 512 Twinmos PC3700 @ 171FSB using Dimm slots 1 and 3. Seems to not like to have the ram right beside each other. I have also used 2 X 256 PC2100 and some PC2700 at the same bus speed .

@Tracker:

very interesting your post!

Tomorrow i´ll try the second dimm of the twinmos BH-5 into slot3. May it works. With the PC3200 Samsung Dimms i didn´t work in that way (#1+#3)

Maybe your Twinmos 3700 has other chips than my BH-5 (3200) an the samsung CB3 Pc3200.

On Tuesday i´ll report!

greets

Back