• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4G8X and latency question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

True

Hi!!

I have just noticed a funky behavior in my P4G8X deluxe...
what happens is that whenever I exceed the system's spec 133Mhz FSB, my RAM timings will be dropped from 2-2-2 to 2.5-3-3, apparently by the BIOS (Rev. 1003). The RAM is Corsair's low latency RAM, so it should very well run at 2-2-2 at the measly 145 MHz FSB I am running it at now.
Has anybody noticed a similar behavior???
Is this a precautionary measure by Asus, or is there any way to circumvent this???

ErikaeanLogic said:
I hacked my mem timings by using WPCREDIT and WCPRSET to 2-2-2-6 timings:).
how?? any instruction online?? :rolleyes:

mine will be arriving later on this week, and so does the corsair 3200LL & the 2.4b. gonna water cool it. how high do you guys think i could go if i get a c1 stepping??

LandShark said:

how?? any instruction online?? :rolleyes:

mine will be arriving later on this week, and so does the corsair 3200LL & the 2.4b. gonna water cool it. how high do you guys think i could go if i get a c1 stepping??

This is on my Promie.......

attachment.php

On air with a Swiftech MCX468 ,did at 1,625VCore 185MHz fsb(stable) 3330MHz and at 196MHz fsb ,1,725VCore 3528MHz.......TODAY I'll put a 3.06GHz on my Promie and I'll BENCH the SETI bench.....he,he,he.....

EDIT : How do you see the 2.4GHz with this Memory Bandwidth???...

attachment.php

LandShark said:

2 words, George.......................KICK A$$!!! ;)

Gary if you don't buy a P4 2.4bGHz , I think I can find you one of those for you.....One is mine,another two were bougth by my friends,another one I'm going to send it in Australia......If I find another one and you're indrested,send me PM.......3.330MHz on AIR at 1.625VCore..... ;)

sadcat said:
Can someone tell me what all the 4 settings needed for wcprset are. The bios mod did not completely work. Thanks!

Remove the battery and crear c-mos......ENABLE bios virus protection and you'll be OK....

Back