• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

th7II stable fsb limit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

i normally run my 1.6a @ 2400 150 fsb x 4 mem multiplier which gives me pc 1200. or 2720 170 fsb x 3 mem mult. which gives me pc 1020. I always assumed the 2720 was my cpu's limit, however there is always the possibility that my mb's fsb is crappin out at anything over 170 mhz. Is my assumption that 170mhz and above, say to 185-190 is reasonable with this mb?

What kind of memory do you have? If you have 4 pieces of rimm's, it will lower your ability to rise fsb. THt-II works better with two rimm's.

I think your mobo is slowing you dowm. Asus P4B-533 is much better to overclock.

To get back to the original question. It seems to me that the board will work right up to the highest fsb setting in the bios as long as all the other stuff is within reasonable limits pci agp mem.
I may be wrong.

As much as I like the TH7-II, lots of folks have trouble (including me) at FSB above 155 FSB. Sounds like you did get lucky.

I'm pretty much stuck at 143Mhz FSB. I have the AGPCLK set at 4/2.
I think that some of the problems that peeps have is when the FSB and AGP/PCI bus are set at mulitpliers that are for lack of a better term incompatible.
If I set my system at 144Mhz FSB and the AGPCLK to Fixed, I get random lockups in RTCW. I don't think this is as much of a problem with 144Mhz FSB as it is with using the Fixed setting and 144Mhz FSB at the same time.
I haven't spent the time to see what combinations will work better than others as I only have the PC1066 memory and don't want to lock up the BIOS or cause something that will require me to have to search out PC800.

When SIS and PC1200 become available, I will probably look for an upgrade. I'm hoping for an alternative to the SI7 as Abit's lack of support for the TH7-II sucks big time.

well I could only boot to 158 FSB with my pc800 @ 3X but using the abit FSB modifier, I can use better agp/pci dividers that allowed me to up it to 165 FSB. give that a try

batboy said:
As much as I like the TH7-II, lots of folks have trouble (including me) at FSB above 155 FSB. Sounds like you did get lucky.

Same here. Anything over that is like hitting the brick wall

I'm maxed out @ 170Mhz fsb 3x (140Mhz 4x) with 2 sticks of 64MB pc800 and 2 sticks of 128MB pc800.

I have a vmem mod done, and it hardly helps.
You wil be better off doing a vcore mod and, if you can, a vchipset mod.

I just got a new 2.4b for my TH7II guy's and look at my sig.:D Running pc800 at 3x with original clock generators. A chip that dosn't need much voltage is good for this board.

im gettin depressed ,i gotta 1.8a c1 that only runs to 2.7 a th7ll modded out to the max,but the damn pc1066 will only clock stable to about 140 fsb. then u guys tell me how fast your stock stuff runs. i feel like banging my noggin against the wall.....lol

Back