• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP plz!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raven

hey guys.... ive got a problem on my hands... and got no clue what to do..

so i take off the standart heatsink/fan from my celly 1.7 now i try to take out the cpu out of the mobo, the gigabyte titan 667PE, but when i lift the lever, the cpu is just stuck there... i cant take it out, and its very firmly in place. and so i say to myself... ok.. just leave it there... and lets see if the system can boot up. so i try to boot it up, but nothign happns. power goes on, but nothing appears on the screen. no bios no nothing

so now im here, with my main cpu on the floor, and i dont know what to do?? tonight im gona try just run the mobo chip and ram and see if it shows anything, but if that doesnt work, what do i do??

should I take it back to my dealer? RMA it? and if i have to RMA it, how do i take the cpu out of the board? since if i do RMA, the cpu and mobo do ont go to the same comapny.. and i dont have money to waste on a new system!!!

anyone plz help?

raven

Hmmm, I wonder if the lever might have broken somehow. As you probably know, when you move the lever the socket area moves a little bit and the CPU comes a little bit up and forward so that you can easily take it out. When you moved the lever, did the socket area move at all? If the answer is no, then the lever might have been broken and if the answer is yes, then maybe a pin on the CPU got bent slightly when you had inserted it the first time and therefore will require a bit of *careful* pulling to come out.

If the lever isn't moving the socket at all, then try to slightly move the upper part of the socket area yourself with your hand.

Sorry I can't think of anything else right now so good luck.

thanks for the reply. every lil bit of info counts

i took the pc to the store where i bought the mobo and chip and let them take a look at it, and they found this crack in the plastic part of where you put the chip in..

there is a crack right here from where the " " are
,,,,,,,,,, |
,,,,,,,,,, |
,,,,,,,,,, v
|------------------------|
|___"________"_______|-|
|*****************| |
|*****************| |
|*****************| |
|*****************| |
|*****************| |
|*****************| |
|*****************| |
|----------------------| 0 < ----- lever

ya.. sorry for the poor quality pic.. but best i could do in like 5 sec. but ya, the cpu is stuck. i pull the lever up and the cpu doenst move at all.. and i took it in to where i bought it, and they said they cant do anythign for me =s so i went and bought a new board ( the same one thoe gigabyte P4667 ) and now id liek to call gigabyte and see if i could RMA that or the chip cus i really dont want to have lost 200$ Can just like that. im also gona call intel and see what we can arrange about the chip which i cant take out =s i hope i get atleast some of my money back! cus it wasnt my fault !!!

raven

hmmm...my guess is that there was too much force exerted by the heatsink's spring if it still doesn't want to come out.

If you have steady hands, you can always gently pry it out, little by little and side by side (equally) with a thin blade or screwdriver.

well, i might have to do that. im waiting for responces from intel and gigabyte. if that doesnt work out, im gona do it myself..

but im still PO cus that is 200$ down the drain!

raven

Back