• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4PE FSB How To?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dom

Sorry for the newbie post, however I am pretty confused on how to adjust the FSB. Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to do this for this motherboard. I see post that explain the Memory timings in a 2.6.6.2 format. What I am looking to do is adjust my fsb without increasing my voltage to see how fast I can take my 2.4b.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me.

First of all, welcome to the Forums.
I have the P4PE, and you need to change the cpu speed to manual, and then adjust your fsb. The fsb will open up when set to manual, and you can adjust accordingly. Need any more help, let me know.
Doc

Thank You for the warm welcome!! After I change the FSB do I need to adjust the memory timing, is there a formula for this?

You can start by just adjusting the FSB upward till the computer is no longer stable (locks up, games wont run, etc). Then it is time to look at RAM timings and voltages for the ram and cpu.

Go slow, take lots of notes and have fun. (the notes are so you can put it back to the last setting that was working well)

Be sure to keep an eye on your temperatures, they will rise as you begin to overclock the system.

Please list the motherboard, cpu and ram you have in your system, that will help us provide more detailed suggestions.

My apologies, im acting like a newb by not posting what I have:

P4PE
2.04b
Corsair CMX-512 PC3500
Standard HS
Geforce 3 (I know) Ti 500
Adaptec 3400S Raid 0, (3) 36G (15K) drives.

Did I miss something :)

Good Morning,

I'm running the standard HS that came with my cpu.

Currently I have my 2.4 clocked to a 2.6 running the standard 1.5 voltage on the P4PE MB. I ran Prime95 and observerd the following. In my Asus probe utility it showed the VCore before the test running at 1.64 even though I have the BIOS on standard. I've heard that this board OV a little but as soon as I started the test my VCore dropped to 1.52 and my CPU temp went from 35C to 49C in a matter of minutes. I ran the torture test for 11 hours without a problem. Here is my question, does the drop in voltage mean I need a new PS and my CPU temp seems High.

Any thoughts?

Back