• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CAS Timings with P4PE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Doc_Skurlock

I'm using a single stick of 512mb Micron 2700 Ram. I can't adjust my cas levels. It only lets me run at 2.5. I mean, I can't adjust below 2.5 because the computer locks up. What is a good set of ram for the P4PE? I'm currently using a 2.4B and I want to have a good stick of ram. Any suggestions?
Doc

Does anyone have a source for Corsair? I have Micron right now, like I said earlier, but I definitely want to have the best in the way of ram/cpu/etc. Next thing I'm working on after the ram is a video card, definitely want to get the goodness that is the 9700.
Doc

Ok, I raised the vdimm to 2.7 and I'm running at a CAS timing of 2, instead of 2.5. Awesome, thanks for the help Echoman. Do you think it's safe to try 1.5?
Doc

Doc_Skurlock said:
Ok, I raised the vdimm to 2.7 and I'm running at a CAS timing of 2, instead of 2.5. Awesome, thanks for the help Echoman. Do you think it's safe to try 1.5?
Doc
i dont think 1.5 would work .5 you wont even notice the gain,my high priced OCZ ram wont do it at 1.5,i have tried vdimm 2.9!!!:mad: be careful you could fry your ram,too bad the p4pe doesnt have 2.8 i wouldnt set anything about 2.7,something you could try,when you get into the sub advanced tab for the ram,you could try setting the system performence on turbo,with turbo on on i noticed the computer to ack faster and load faster,if you have your fsb at 133 it will raise it to 135 only if you have it at 133 though =),have you checked out asusboards,many people there have the asus p4pe and many will help,i usually hang out in that forum...

I used this with my previous setup. Would actually do DDR443.

CORSAIR MEMORY XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, Low Latency 512MB 64MX64 PC-3200LL With Heat Spreaders.
Specifications:
Speed 400 MHz
Organization 64M x 64
CAS Latency 2-2-2-6-T1
Memory type DDR

I turned on turbo in the ram tab. It's running 2 pretty well. My question is this, will the P4PE run 400mhz ddr? It should right?
Doc

Back